own


IMG_7078 copy
IMG_7079 copyIMG_7093
IMG_7091 copy
IMG_7075 copy
wearing Nun Bangkok Tweed Top c/o Pomelo Fashion
Photos by Lionel Lim

Today I overheard a conversation on the train while heading to work, two girls were deciding if a guy was interested or not. And a few days ago, while waiting for a friend to have dinner, I witnessed guys discussing if this one of them was happy in his relationship with his long term girlfriend. 

I see the emphasis on the need for love and what better to have from the opposite sex. But also I see how insecure a lot of us are without a significant other, and to many, always on the 'hunt' for a potential candidate. I think it's perfectly human to act this way, its almost like a natural instinct, really. 

But having had more time to myself lately, I have realized that there is just so much more to life than finding someone who will want you, or being sad over someone who did not. There is a world inside of you that you have yet to unearth for yourself. And the best thing is, guess what- Discovering ourselves without the hope that someone will fall in love with you along the way can be the most empowering yet humbling experiences we get to go through.

You need to fill yourself up with love. Not anyone else. Become a whole being on your own terms. Go on your own idea of adventures, it could be as easy as a nice hang with an old friend at a different place for the night, or go bungee jumping, who's judging? It's time you do things for yourself for a change, but do it with love. Live for yourself and be happy on your own, it is every bit as beautiful as having a boyfriend or a girlfriend to share your life with. 

I'm still learning as I go, but for now, I will fill my cup with endless laughter because I am doing what I love and am passionate about. I am going to let myself experience things that spark something inside me, rather than have someone to have that 'spark' with.