If it's anything that I've learnt from past relationships I've had and lost, it is that words can only mean so much. Promises are nothing but mere words that left your lips, and trust can always be lost. I'm not a cynic, nor a non believer, but I've realized how fickle our human minds can be. Sometimes all we need is a 'sign' and suddenly we make up our minds in just that moment, and then all the sweet nothings you used swooned over disappear as soon as we call it quits.

I don't think it matters how long it lasted or how 'well' it was, it doesn't matter how many places you've travelled to together, or how many fancy dinners you've been to, all I ever cared about was the connection that was felt. Sometimes quality really triumphs quantity when it comes to love.

It's crazy what one person can do to you, and now you think of all the times you should've seen it coming. The little tell-tale signs that pointed to the end, but then again you never saw it coming either, because you get so blinded by the good times while they lasted. We all do.

I don't believe in destiny, but I do believe in fate. I believe that paths that cross each other aren't that much of a coincidence, but they are lessons that were meant to be learnt. And as our paths start to go in separate ways, I want to believe that it is because our lessons with each other are done. Then we can walk away from it, knowing that we did not waste our time together.

People part ways because of different reasons, many times it can be selfish, but I understand that we need to help ourselves first before we can help others. Maybe that's what makes us say goodbye, because subconsciously we know we've got better futures ahead of us, that we can do better than this. It is only human to be selfish, but that's okay.